Saturday, April 2, 2016

I'm home - continued

So, I did say I'd post pictures and such about my trip so we will start with this (the quality isn't that great due to the fact my phone broke right before I left for china) ;

This is when we flew over either Antarctica, Canada or Russia, I can't remember but I do remember how incredibly beautiful it was haha!



Next we've got when I flew into Hong Kong..




After we arrived there we found our driver and after a long wait at the border made it into China... we got to the hotel about three or four hours later at midnight.. i was exhausted to say the least.
This was the view from the room (We ended up switching rooms later due to construction)
This was right outside the front doors of the hotel


Pictures taken on the island




Having tea at my parent's friend's shop (If you ever find yourself on Shamian island visit "Susan's Place" they have some really neat stuff!) 
I unfortunately got really sick while I was there (Im not used to being in such humid weather haha) but apparently tea fixes everything so the next day we visited their Shop and I drank tea all day..  Voila the next day i was fine so to this day I swear Chinese tea fixes EVERYTHING.
_________________________________________
Pictures from the hotel 





After two weeks of being there my trip came to an end and I honestly I thought i'd be ready to come home but that was not the case.. I joked and told my parents they could just leave me there.. China is such a Beautiful country and I didn't want to leave. The Last day i was there we had walked back from the market and I was just thinking about having to get on the plane tomorrow (What a dreaded flight it was) and go home when I looked out the window to take one last picture of the view we had and the sun was relatively shining; for the first time since i had been there i got to see the sunshine.. it was so pretty. I remembered that
 "all good things must come to an end but new experiences await" and I have many other places to travel too (Even though China will always hold a special place in my heart). 
The next morning at a lovely (Insert sarcasm here) time of four in the morning we got up, packed up, checked out and met the driver to drive us back across the border and to the airport in Hong Kong; as we waited at the border I thought to myself 

"Goodbye China, i'll be back eventually"

Until next time, Maria



No comments:

Post a Comment